Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it on Swyx-Forum    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it within the Swyx Knowledgebase    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it using Goolge    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it using Wikipedia

Forum

More »

Forum

More »

Forums  Devices  SwyxPhone L4xx,...  Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 10/27/2011 6:19 PM
Resolved
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615  (United Kingdom)

Hello all

I have a customers site thats using Swyx Administrator version 7.00.0268.0, we are having problems getting the L615 phones at the site connecting to the server.  I have downloaded the quick fix for V7 and followed the steps in the instructions to the letter and still the phone isnt connecting to the server.  The message on the small LCD screen displays "Telephony is down".

http://www.swyx.com/support/knowledge-base/article-details.html?tx_swyxkbase_pi1%5Bkbid%5D=kb4141

I've used the above quick fix on four other sites without any problems, its just this site thats not playing ball.

I did a search here on the forums and found a similar thread, a response in there pointed to a German thread.  I tried to view the thread, but my google translator didn't work in three different browsers.  So I've been unable to view the thread and read the resolution held within.

Any suggestions?

If you need any additional information please let me know.

Kind regards

Dave

New Post 10/28/2011 8:21 AM
User is offline Morten Rokosz
1123 posts
www.linkedin.com/in/rokosz
1st Level Poster

Re: Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615  (Norway)

Hi Dave

Are other phones working, like 620 and 640 for example. As you probably know, "Telephony is down" equals the "Gateway not found" on 4xx and 5xx phones. This indicates that networking is OK, but the phones can not contact the Swyxserver. Is there configured any VLAN in the network for telephony that the phones need to be configured for?

Morten Rokosz
(Swyx T.A.G Member)

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

New Post 10/28/2011 12:33 PM
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

Re: Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615  (United Kingdom)

Hello Morten

Thank you for the reply, no VLAN present at the site.  Just a normal network in place.  At present they have a couple of S315 phones working  at the site.  This has me slightly baffled and as to why the L615 phones wont connect to the server while the S315 phones do and are working.

New Post 10/28/2011 2:54 PM
Online now... Sascha B.
535 posts
1st Level Poster

Re: Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615  (Germany)

Hey Dave,

which firmware version is used on the L615?
Swyx PhoneMgr is updated during the QF Update afaik, so that should be fine.
DLS and Gateway settings on the phones (webconfig -> admin --> system) are fine and correctly set? DLS should be the IP of your active swyxserver whilst the gateway settings should be set to both (master and standby) servers if standby is available.
After that: pls check your PhoneMgr Tracefile for any *err Messages.

regards
Sascha

New Post 10/28/2011 4:35 PM
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

Thanks for the reply Sascha.

The firmware on the phone matches the firmware on the server (V2 R0.51.0 )

After reading your reply I took another detailed look through the web GUI and I think I see what the problem is.  When I put the Gateway information in, i.e the IP address it resolves it to a named instance.  The sites server experienced Active Directory issues about 8 months ago, since then the server has been renamed and is slightly different to what it was originally called.  When I enter the information about the Gateway, either by IP or typing in <server name>.<domain>.com it saves it and looks promising.  But as soon as I reboot the phone it reverts back to the original name and doesn't hold the correct one.

Is there a way I can get the phone to either keep the correct named instance of the Gateway or just go by IP?

Cheers

Dave

New Post 10/28/2011 6:23 PM
Online now... Markus Wallner
234 posts
www.telenova.de
3rd Level Poster

You have to change the server name in the swyxware administration (swyxphone search)

New Post 10/28/2011 6:58 PM
Accepted Answer 
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

Markus Wallner wrote

You have to change the server name in the swyxware administration (swyxphone search)

Aha...Markus you're a star. I deleted the Swyxphone search within Swyxware administrator and created a new one, new Gateway name appeared and the L615 are now logging in.

Thank you all who contributed to this little adventure.

Cheers

Dave

New Post 10/29/2011 1:48 AM
User is offline ArthurDaley
42 posts
6th Level Poster

Modified By ArthurDaley  on 10/29/2011 12:49:03 AM)

Please allow me to ask sth here as well....

We are using a lot of L615s as it presents best value for money in our view. We are relatively new to Swyxware, which has been installed in V7 guise about 4  weeks ago with 250 phones in all.

On the whole everything is working like a dream, only two things are bothering us a bit:

1. Some of the L615 are prone to the odd crash....they simply freeze during typing or overnight. The phones look normal on their display and the administrators tool says they are online, but when you use them the receiver is dead and they don't react to any keypressing whatsoever. Rebooting them and everything is fine again. We can't pin it on one of our locations or any phones, it is totally random. Luckily not often enough for it to be a real problem but still it is annoying. We also have about 20 L640 and a few L660 which don't have those problems. Any ideas anybody on how to address this?

2. On a similar note, when rebooting the clustered servers of the 250 phones about 5 to ten do not get online automatically but go to "Telephony is down H0" and have to be rebooted, after which they log in as normal....

Thanks for any answers and ideas....

New Post 11/6/2011 9:44 PM
42 posts
6th Level Poster

No idea, anybody?

New Post 11/7/2011 8:54 AM
User is offline Morten Rokosz
1123 posts
www.linkedin.com/in/rokosz
1st Level Poster

Re: Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615  (Norway)

Contact the reseller/distribution partner to open a support ticket at Swyx so you can send them traces.

Morten Rokosz
(Swyx T.A.G Member)

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

New Post 11/7/2011 7:02 PM
42 posts
6th Level Poster

OK, then, guess that'll have to do. Thanks

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Forums  Devices  SwyxPhone L4xx,...  Having a few issues with Swyx V7 and L615

Forum Policy

The discussion forums at Swyx Forum are dedicated to the discussion of SwyxWare and related topics.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of Swyx Forum, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. The opinions and answers given in this forum are to be taken as the personal opinions of the forum members and must not be taken as an official statement of a company a forum member works for.
  2. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial products and non-commercial products which are not directly related to SwyxWare or it's OEM versions.
  3. No Flaming or Trolling.
  4. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  5. Furthermore, make sure your posts comply to our Terms of Use.
  6. Newest development in German law defines online forums as journalistic content, making the forum owner and all posters to journalists. With this statement the forum owner declares that neither he nor his users are journalists with all legal consequences.
  7. The German Jugendmedienschutz-Staatsvertrag (JMStV) (Protection of Minors) defines a disclosure of online medias which are not suitable for minors below the age of 18. The Swyx Forum webseite does not provide any such content and underlies therefore not this disclosure. Please see further details including the responsible person for the protection of minors and direct contact data in the Imprint.
  8. The forums are currently unmoderated, meaning all postings will appear immediately after submission. If this turns out not working due to massive abuse all forums will switch to moderated mode, meaning a posting must be approved after submission my a moderator before appearing.
  9. You can use any language you like (except for the project forums) but keep in mind that by using english you will reach the largest audience.

Forum Status

Please note that this is not an official support forum of
Swyx Solutions AG,
but instead a privately owned and driven website.

Forum Help

Important News

Stay up-to-date
Forum Icons
Image Usage
Report Abuse

The default language in the forums is english.

Sponsors